Reporting – Other
Central Complaint Unit
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200
Sacramento, CA 95815
(from their website)
The Medical Board is responsible for reviewing and investigating complaints about, and disciplining the following medical professions:
- Licensed Physicians & Surgeons
- Licensed Midwives
- Research Psychoanalysts and Student Research Psychoanalysts
- Registered Polysomnographic Trainees, Technicians, and Technologists
- Outpatient Surgery Settings (within the Board’s jurisdiction)
Further, the Board’s staff also reviews and investigates complaints about Doctors of Podiatric Medicine and Physician Assistants; however, any disciplinary action taken against one of these licensees is decided by the licensing Board/Bureau for that profession.
If an individual or organization appears to have violated the laws within the Board’s jurisdiction, Board staff will investigate the allegations and charges may be filed. Following are the types of complaints reviewed by the Board:
- Substandard Care (e.g., misdiagnosis, negligent treatment, delay in treatment, etc.)
- Prescribing Issues (violation of drug laws, excessive/under prescribing)
- Sexual Misconduct
- Impairment (drug, alcohol, mental, physical)
- Unlicensed practice, or aiding and abetting unlicensed practice
- Unprofessional Conduct (e.g., breach of confidence, record alteration, filing fraudulent insurance claims, misleading advertising, arrest or conviction)
- Office Practice Issues (e.g., failure to provide medical records to patient, failure to sign death certificate, patient abandonment)
Google has placed some rules on Search Engine Ads and Site submissions for addiction treatment. This is so that call centers cannot hi-jack links from legitimate treatment centers along with some other infractions that companies were exercising in the search engine space.
Click the link here to report an ad that you believe may be in violation of those policies.
Please know that the ads in our program are reviewed according to our advertising guidelines. While we make every effort to ensure that ads which may violate our policies do not run prior to review, some ads may run on Google before our AdWords Specialists check them.